Many plans are in a man’s mind, but it is the Lord’s purpose for him that will stand. Proverbs 19:21 (Dig Dipper)
5. Never try to qualify for your God-ordained purpose, you're already qualified.
· 2 Corinthians 3:5-6 Amplified - Not that we are fit (qualified and sufficient in ability) of ourselves to form personal judgments or to claim or count anything as coming from us, but our power and ability and sufficiency are from God. 6 [It is He] Who has qualified us [making us to be fit and worthy and sufficient] as ministers.
· 2 Corinthians 9:8-10 Ampc - God is able to make all grace (every favor and earthly blessing) come to you in abundance, so that you may always and under all circumstances and whatever the need be self-sufficient [possessing enough to require no aid or support and furnished in abundance for every good work.
6. It's all a process (Journey)sometimes we may be developed in one area of our God-ordained purpose, while God is developing other areas, the KEY is not to lose hope.
· Isaiah 14:24-27 - The Lord of hosts has sworn, saying, “Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass, and as I have purposed, so it shall stand: That I will break the Assyrian in My land, And on My mountains tread him underfoot. Then his yoke shall be removed from them, and his burden removed from their shoulders. This is the purpose that is purposed against the whole earth, and this is the hand that is stretched out over all the nations. For the Lord of hosts has purposed, and who will annul it?
· 1Kings 19:7 – the angel of the Lord came back the second time, and touched him, and said, “Arise and eat, because the journey is too great for you.
7. Remember you didn't choose him, he chose you!
· John 15:16 - You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain.
· 1 Peter 4:11 - If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies.
· Romans 11:29 Amplified - God's gifts and His call are irrevocable. He never withdraws them when once they are given, and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call.
8. Make sure God called you to do it, not you or your parents. It is a great mistake to become a minister, especially a pastor, unless you have received a specific call from God. Read - 1 Samuel 3
· Acts 13:2 - As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.”
· Hebrews 5:4 - and no man takes this honor to himself, but he who is called by God
· Luke 9:1-2,6 - Then He called His twelve disciples together and gave them power and authority over all demons, and to cure diseases. 2 He sent them to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.6 So they departed and went through the towns, preaching the gospel and healing everywhere.Support the show